Simone holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Masters of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology as well as a Bachelor of Arts. Simone was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2002, after undertaking two years as an articled clerk. Her previous practice was as a specialist commercial litigation lawyer. She has represented clients across a variety of matters including representing clients in the Supreme and Federal Courts including:
- Contractual and agency disputes for a national manufacturing company
- Representing national franchisors in commercial property disputes
- Insolvency matters including creditor initiated company liquidations
- Employment law matters including Work place health and safety matters
- class actions for professional negligence
- building and construction disputes
Simone’s primary focus, using her extensive dispute resolution and commercial experience, is in Family Law. She advises clients in relation to:
- parenting orders
- divorce proceedings
- property settlements
- spousal maintenance
- de facto relationship matters, including same-sex relationships
She provides clients with clear advice and finds practical and direct pathways to resolve matters either through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution or Court processes, if required. Simone also works in Tierney Law’s litigation team on a range of dispute matters.
In her spare time Simone is active within the community and volunteers with a range of organisations including the Huon Agricultural Society and Huon Hoofbeats. She is an avid horse rider and enjoys the active lifestyle of the Huon Valley.
You can contact Simone on 03 6220 2777 or at email@example.com